Formed in 2002, Borneo Orangutan Survival UK (BOS-UK) is the official UK partner to Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation, located in Indonesia.
Our shared vision is to restore the natural balance for Bornean orangutans. Their survival is at risk solely due to human impact, pushing them to the brink of extinction.
Thus our mission is two-fold. First, we save orangutans in immediate danger through rescue, rehabilitation, and re-introduction to protected rainforests. Second, and equally important, we protect and restore their wild habitat by working alongside the native communities bordering them.
BOS-UK complies with all UK laws, UK charity goverance requirements, and GDPR regulations in its operations, and strives to be a premiere UK charity in every area.
Our board of Trustees meet regularly (minimum 3 times per year) to discuss all facets of the organisational operations, following the "Charity Governance Code' guidelines for governance:
1. Organisational purpose - The board is clear about the charity’s aims and ensures that these are being delivered effectively and sustainably.
2. Leadership - Every charity is led by an effective board that provides strategic leadership in line with the charity’s aims and values.
3. Integrity - The board acts with integrity, adopting values and creating a culture which help achieve the organisation’s charitable purposes. The board is aware of the importance of the public’s confidence and trust in charities, and trustees undertake their duties accordingly.
4. Decision-making, risk and control - The board makes sure that its decision-making processes are informed, rigorous and timely and that effective delegation, control and risk assessment and management systems are set up and monitored.
5. Board effectiveness - The board works as an effective team, using the appropriate balance of skills, experience, backgrounds and knowledge to make informed decisions.
6. Diversity - The board’s approach to diversity supports its effectiveness, leadership and decision-making.
7. Openness and accountability - The board leads the organisation in being transparent and accountable. The charity is open in its work, unless there is good reason for it not to be.
If you have specific questions or comments regarding our operations or goverance please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to respond promptly.
We work to save the orangutan by rescuing and rehabilitating them, with an ultimate goal of releasing them back to the forest where they will be safe from human development, poaching and farming.
Can't find what you're looking for? Search by keyword, below;
BOS, BOS-UK, BOSUK, OPF, orangutan protection foundation, borneo, bornean, orangutans, orangutan, survival, charity, ops, orangutan jungle school, rainforest, reforestation, valentino, beni, taymur, jelepat, mema, cinta, jumbo, kopral, shelton, litl, meryl, topan, alba, albino